Manage branch operations to meet goals and objectives for branch sales, profitability, and customer perception in the local market.
- This position reports to the HVAC Division Manager
- The Assistant Branch Manager, Counter Sales Associate and Warehouse Associate report to the Branch Manager.
- Manages the Customer Experience
- Ensures customers receive prompt, professional service, in person and over the phone by establishing standards and monitoring quality on a daily basis.
- Works directly with customers during busy times and with key customer accounts.
- Works in conjunction with Outside Sales to determine customer needs and implement and follow through on established programs.
- Provides information regarding customer buying habits and needs to Outside Sales on a regular basis.
- Performs outside sales calls as necessary.
- Develops relationships and rapport with customers to establish win-win partnerships. Strives to know names of principals of all customers.
- Maintains the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom, warehouse and exterior of the facility.
- Ensures showroom merchandising and appearance contribute to sales goals.
- Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Establishes, communicates and models performance expectations of all branch team members.
- Ensures expectations are met by monitoring reports, gathering feedback from customers, observing performance and taking corrective action or rewarding employees as necessary.
- Performs formal staff reviews on an annual basis, as well as informal coaching throughout the year.
- Ensures team members are up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding branch operations and the company as a whole by holding regular meetings, and continually providing information and status reports.
- Regularly monitors performance against goals and take corrective action where necessary.
- Manages branch inventory to ensure security, accuracy. Ensures cycle counting program is implemented per established procedures.
- Oversees product returns and warranty processing, balancing customer requests with company guidelines and procedures.
- Oversees warehouse and delivery operations, including receiving, labeling and put-away and order fulfillment. Creates and monitors delivery schedules to ensure accurate, on-time delivery of product.
- Ability to lead by example and model expected employee behaviors
- Knowledge of management principles, including recruiting, hiring, training and development, delegating, coaching, and evaluating employees.
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution branch operations, including order fulfillment, inventory control, customer service, showroom merchandising, shipping and receiving and sales.
- Ability to provide consistent, quality customer service
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and solving problems.
- Ability to develop and use systems for organizing information.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations as applied to product distribution, including OSHA regulations, Worker’s Compensation, Hazardous Materials Handling.
- Ability to demonstrate considerable tact and diplomacy in dealing with others and maintain relationships.
- High School diploma or GED
- College business degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience in branch operations management in a wholesale environment; or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 401K with company matching
- Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Monthly bonuses
- And more!